Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jaeden's 1st week of Pre-school

TEDS - Trinity Episcopal Day School
Unfortunately, I was not able to dress Jaeden that morning, as they arrive at their grandparents in pjs. I always have a spare outfit packed... Jaeden ended up in the spare shorts, not the jeans shorts I had planned for him to wear :(


After much searching and debating, I finally decided on a pre-school for Jaeden. He is going Tues and Thurs mornings from 9-12. Unfortunately, I had to work both days this week, so Grandma Junie was the lucky one to take him to school. We were worried that he wouldn't want to stay, so I kept telling him it was like nursery at church, which everyone knows he LOVES!!! When they got there Tues morning, and Junie was telling him bye, Jaeden said, "Don't worry, I'll have fun!" It was pretty funny, but definitely HIM. Jaeden could find fun in a completely empty room!!
Like mentioned in a previous blog, Jaeden loves to be other people. Since his new favorite movie is "Mary Poppins" (also one of my top 5 favorites - so it makes me very happy!), he pretends to be either Jane or Michael, and of course, bossy Jaeden tells Jayce who he is also, but luckily Jayce doesn't understand and goes along happily. However, Mary Poppins (aka mommy) and Chimney Guy (aka bert, aka daddy) have to remember who to call Jane and Michael because Jaeden does not answer to Jaeden when in character.
So there is a point to that side story about Mary Poppins, because now Jaeden has two options for pretending...either Jane/Michael or Ms. Kris/Ms. Deanna - is new preschool teachers.

1 comment:

April said...

It was so good to see you and your family at Homecoming. The boys are so cute and growing so fast. I hope you had a great time. Sic 'em!