Thursday, May 14, 2009

And the winner is....

Grandma G - yes, the large lump on his head is from a mosquito bite. Jayce is very allergic and swells very quickly after any mosquito bite. The bite occurred Sunday evening, the picture was taken Monday evening, and by Tuesday, there was no evidence of any bite or bump. The week before Jayce got two bites on his right hand (within 2 days) and his hand was huge and very red!!! I kept thinking he had cellulitis. For some reason, the head bite did not get as red as usual. For those that have been reading the blog for awhile...you could refer to an older post 9/28/08 "Jayce's words at 16 months", that shows his very swollen ear from one mosquito bite!!

2nd place goes to the one who answered "head shut in car door" if you look at the top picture there is a bruise over his cheek bone. this occurred on saturday when jaeden tried closing the car door, but unfortunatly jayce's head was in the way! however, the large lump is definitely from a mosquito bite, i saw the initial bite and watched it swell over a few short hours.

2 comments:

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

I was sure that it came from falling off his kid's table. "I had it all pictured in my mind. He was getting ready to take a superman dive as the table shifts and sends him crashing down."

Oh well, I am sure that my scenario will happen sooner or later with his crazy antics.

Christy said...

I thought for a minute it would be something weird like a bite but then I remember all the time I spent with your kids and thought I had to go with the car door. I remember my lump on the head which came from jayce throwing a ball at me. We will have to spray him real good with repellent when we go camping. I wish he could be like me I hardly ever get bitten and when I do they never itch or swell