Saturday, August 23, 2008

Family Yard Work

Jaeden, Jayce and Grandma Junie

This pic is from June 2008 at Old MacDonald's Farm, but goes along with the blog.


Tonight, we did some family yard work. Joel went out to mow the lawn, and the boys and I went out to play. Jayce's outside toy is the bubble mower, although we don't fill the bubble holder very often, because he really just enjoys pushing the mower on the driveway and side lawn. Anytime I'm out with the boys, I try to weed our attempt at a flower bed in the front of the house. So after I had picked the first few weeds, Jaeden came to see what I was doing. He then asked if I was getting dirty and wanted to look at my hands, which already had a little dirt on them. Since I had told him he could not get in his sandbox tonight, he decided he would get dirty by pulling weeds. Jaeden did a pretty good job of pulling a few weeds, until he was distracted by the shovels Jayce pulled out of the garage. Once the shovels were out, the flower bed became the sandbox. Jayce was also really cute in his attempt to pull weeds. Unlike Jaeden who understands these are real plants/flowers, Jayce did not. He tried to help, but was only breaking leaves and flowers off the ruellas that border the flower bed, and then walking whatever he had in his hands to the trash cans, where we were throwing the weeds.

So I know I have a lot to make up for since I have been so UN-inspired to blog this month.

1 comment:

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

So, I would gladly take help from your boys, even Jayce, to weed my garden. At this point I don't even care if the "real" plants come out. I can't wait to draft Bode into yard slave labor!