Sunday, September 6, 2009

My cars new windows

This past week has been quite an event for my almost 4 year old car. Last Saturday, we took my car to be inspected, and they failed it only because there was a small tear in the windshield wipers. Of course, Joel was not going to pay to have them replaced, when he could do the job for 50% less. Well, while changing the wipers that day, one of them slipped from his hand hitting the window and causing 2 large cracks. Of course, in TX this would have probably passed inspection - good wiper blades and large crack in windshield. (Didn't they know we've been in a drought, and NO ONE has used their wipers for the past 3 months!!) Anyways, I couldn't tolerate the crack, and Joel didn't want to have it reinspected with the crack, that wasn't there the 1st time. So we called on Monday to have the windshield replaced. It was very quick and easy since they come to the house. Well, we thought all was well until I walked out Friday morning on the way to my 32 week ob visit and saw tons of glass behind my car. I was thinking did someone hit my car?? It had been parked in the driveway all night. Anyways, on closer inspection, it was obvious the car had been shot 5+ times that night. (Most likely a pellet gun) At least 3 of the shots hit the window which was 100% shattered. One hit the car near the back wiper and one hit the driver's side tail light. Our neighbors said they heard the shots around 9 the night before. There was 5 or so rapid fire shots. They didn't know at the time what had been hit, but obviously it was my car. Joel's car luckily did not get hit eventhough it's parked only a couple feet from mine. Of course this happened on a Friday, so I had to call everyone - the police, insurance... to get everything arranged, knowing it would be much harder over labor day weekend. So I called my dad, to help drive us to the doctor's appt. When we got home, I called the police to report the accidenct. Jaeden was very excited to meet a real police officer, and the guy was very nice to both Jaeden and Jayce. Of course, Jaeden noticed his gun and had to go get his own. Well, after multiple transfers while talking to our insurance co., I finally got to schedule for the back window to be replaced. Suprisingly, they let me pick one, which I chose the same group that came on Monday. And they were able to come that day :) Joel's comment..."I cracked the front windshield, so we'd know who to call." Anyways, I'm still scheduled to meet with the insurance adjuster on Tues AM for the rest of the car. But my car now has brand new front and back windshields right before it's 4th birthday 9/24. (which I know only because Jaeden came early and was born 5 days later) Thank goodness for close friends in Ohio, because Jaeden came the day they were coming to pick up the car to put in the after-market leather, which helped decrease the cost.








Some of you have been asking for a pic of me pregnant, well inadvertently my reflection is in one of the pics, although I think it misses my tiny belly. Jayce's reflection is seen in the one with the tail light.

2 comments:

Misty and Jason said...

I didn't realize you had drive by shootings in TX. Maybe Jason and I won't live there after all.

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

That picture doesn't count as a belly photo! We all must see that belly before the thing pops out.