Monday, March 8, 2010

Thoughts from a 4 year old going on ???

As probably mentioned in the past, Jaeden's language has always amazed us.  He was saying at least 40-50 words at 12 months and sentences shortly there after.  And those who see him frequently know that he never stops talking, EVER!!!  I don't know where he comes up with half of his thoughts, but he's clearly always thinking, and thinking, and of course, wanting to control ALL.  Hopefully, I can condense some of these stories on Jaeden....

Joel's been having weekly father/son talks individually with the boys each Sunday (kind of early PPI's).  Of course the boys have loved them, and each week Joel gives them something to work on (behavior?!?!?)
Well, the last 2 weeks, Jaeden's decided to hold his own meetings with Me and Jayce...2 weeks ago, I was instructed by Jaeden to work on "Not throwing away 'kid papers' and only throwing away grown up papers" other things were also mentioned, but this one made me laugh the most.  I do keep and hang lots of their preschool papers, but definitely not all.  For some reason, they only look in the trash when their papers are on top, and of course they get pulled out - I can never get rid of anything!!!
Jayce was instructed during his meeting to always listen and do whatever Mommy, Daddy or Jaeden tells him!  (yes, he's our little dictator)

While riding in the car, Jaeden blurts out, "I don't know who I'm going to marry?"  I told him that's ok, you don't need to know.  Jayce followed with "I don't want to get married!"

Jaeden's recently decided that when he grows up, "I'm going to be a doctor only for girls"  Yes, he's 4 and loves girls!!

On the way home from church last week..."Kate likes me, I like Kate, if girls love me, then I love them. That's how it goes." (yes, that's direct line from Jaeden)

Can you see the trend, with him and girls?!?!

Lastly, we were discussing laws and explaining laws of the land v. Heavenly Father's laws. Somehow it was mentioned by me that he will have to follow our rules until he's 18.  Jaeden thought this was the worst thing he's ever heard.  After a short, silent deliberation in his head, he told us, I'll move out when I'm 12. 12 is a good age. We further explained the laws and he told us, he was going to write it on a piece of paper and give it out, so everyone knows you can leave when your 12.  He was very adament in writing his new law!!  (he doesn't read or write yet)  future doctor??  or politician???

No comments: