Sunday, March 29, 2009

Things they say/do on Sunday

Every sunday at church, the boys always come up with something new or do something funny.
Today, we brought some new puzzle books, which kept Jaeden entertained the whole 1+ hrs of church!! There's 4 puzzles (about 20 pieces each) in each book. I felt bad that they were not church related. I do try to bring some church related things for them to play with - the felt book Christy got Jaeden for his birthday one year is still a favorite church activity!!! Of course, one book was all about dinosaurs - Jaeden's current favorite topic, and the other was sea creatures.

While playing with the ocean puzzles,
Jaeden asked, "How did Jesus make the water?"
My intelligent response was "He just did."
Jaeden: "Did He just get a bucket and pour the water into a large hole?"
Sounds good to me! My thinking afterwards was, I guess you can bring Jesus into any activity at church. If he can think about Creation, while putting together a puzzle with fish.

Jayce is always a little character. Of course, my boys love passing/taking sacrament. Free food at church!! Jaeden must help hold/pass each tray. Today, after Jayce took a piece of bread, he started demanding, water, water, water. I quietly reminded him that we must say a prayer first before we get the water. Jayce then took it upon himself to say the prayer. He folded his arms and began...Father, Day...Amen. I told him that the older boys must say the prayer before the water will come. Luckily, he happily waited for his turn.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love reading these updates. I just wish I could be there to see it happen. I am counting down the days until you are here again to play airplane with the boys. W

Unknown said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your family. It helps us to not feel quite so left out of your lives.
Mom and Dad Jorgensen