Friday, January 29, 2010

Aunt Christy's visit

     Jaeden was so excited to have another Utah visitor!! If he had it his way, he would keep Aunt Christy to himself, but he does share her with Jayce every once in awhile.  The boys love just having someone to join their crazy games, which Aunt Christy does so willingly.  It was a short visit, but we packed everything in on Friday - the zoo, children's museum and dinner at Lupe's.  Unfortunately, the camera wasn't packed, but we had a blast.  At the zoo, we went into the reptile house, which is not part of our regular zoo walk.  I'm not sure if they've actually been in it before.  I don't think that area has changed much since I was a kid, and it was always my favorite part of the zoo.  Although someone mentioned that there was a space in one of the snake cages (btw the frame and glass door to open the cage from the front).   Well after seeing that, Jaeden was ready to leave ASAP! Otherwise they really liked seeing the snakes, lizards and frogs.  The boys, daddy and christy also went to the petting zoo (which is really only goats) but petting goats sounds funny.  Anyways, they had fun, especially since one of their favorite books of late is "the 3 billy goats gruff" 
     After the zoo, we ate a quick lunch in the car before spending a few hours at the museum (which is less than 5 mins from the zoo).  Since the weather was at least 75* that day, they were able to enjoy the outside water tables, and they did leave fairly wet. The last event at the museum was face painting/drawing.  They have a table with 'crayons' to paint your face and a mirror at the table, and the boys were thrilled to paint their faces. At home lately, when painting, they've decided paint brushes are too much trouble, and have resorted to finger painting, and paper's not necessary either because they have hands, arms, and chests to paint.  (the rule at home is no paint on the face). Which may explain the excessive 'paint' on their faces when leaving the museum.
I really despise the lighting in our living room, cuz it's impossible to get good pics, but this is the best of Jayce. Jaeden's pics are in the previous post. Also, Jayce had just awoken when taken out of the car.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Have they ever been in the reptile area?!? As a regular zoo patron with my dear nephews I can attest to the fact that YES they have been into the reptile area as that was a mandatory visit for quite some time.

Christy said...

I had so much fun with you guys. I wish I had painted my face. I need to somehow get you the picture of Joel with his face painted. When he calls that is what pops up. I need him to call more often so I can laugh. Tell the boys I miss them and a letter is coming soon. I will also get the pictures I took sent out to you.