Sunday, August 30, 2009

Talent show - 8-28-09


Friday night, we had our 2nd annual primary talent show. Jaeden has been looking forward to this event for the last month. The Sunday the talent show was announced, I asked him on the way home from church, what he would like to do. His immediate response "I'm going to play the drums!" I was thinking saying an article of faith would be easier, but he insisted on the drums. We've had regular drumming concerts at our house for the past 2 months. His favorite song is "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and he plays the beat and sings the whole first verse very well for 3! I was a little worried the drumming would be too loud, since that's the only volume we hear at home, but I guess the crowd quieted him some because while we could easily hear the drums being tapped, it was very soft!! Joel held the mic so all could hear him sing! Overall, it was a good first talent show performance, and he is very proud of his "I'm special" sticker. Joel will try to post a video soon.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I so wish I could have seen it. I know I have played entertainer with jaeden many times and he is amazing.

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

Make sure Joel gets the video uploaded.

Unknown said...

Grandpa and Grandma Jorgensen loved
your latest blogs about scripture reading and talent shows. Keep up the good work. It is a good way for us to keep in touch with our grand kids who are so far away. Tell Joel to work hard on the video. We really would like to see it.