Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cancun - 9+ months later...



The above pictures are from the beach and around the resort. We had a blast hanging out and eating anything you wanted! The boys love being outdoors! The iguanas were always easy to find, but I guess we don't have a close up picture of one, but they could be seen almost anywhere enjoying the sun!



These pictures are from the day trip Joel and I took to historic Chichen Itza. There is the one large temple like building in the middle with other smaller structures in the area. Of course, like most ruins, there is alot of evidence of their scientific knowledge. Each side of the temple has 91 steps to correlate with the 364 days of the year plus a final step to the smaller temple on top to make 365. The acoustics were amazing - I think it was the angle they built the temple helped to amplify the sound, so anyone speaking from the top of the temple could easily be heard. The guide had us clap to her how loud the sound was magnified from a small clap.

3 comments:

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

I love the photo of Joel and Jaeden in the funky chair. When I was little I thought those chairs were the best and wanted one.

emk said...

Um--- hold on. You only have 82 days to go in a pregnancy I don't know about? Did I miss something? Or have you been keeping it on the DL? In any case, CONGRATS!

christy said...

I loved seeing all the pictures and I am extremely jealous. I would love to vactation there maybe next year. I miss you all. Hopefully in Jan I can come out. I should have some days off then.